1. Photography: Interested in photography or being photographed, there are a lot to capture, an old British Bungalow, mist, dew and plush greenery. Perfect walkways, lawns and traditional buildings change their colors with the advent of the day, starting with morning mist, long rays of rising sun, perfect daylight and a very colourful sunset; the photographer in you is sure to be touched profoundly.
2. Hiking: The Redhill Mountains behind the resort is a perfect trek for those who love a bit of adventure, a lot of nature and breathtaking views of the hills around and the lake. Though it might be a bit hard for those who are not familiar with trekking, the view and the breeze on top of the hill will reenergize your tired body and will present you with an unforgettable experience of exhilaration, relaxation and a panoramic view of the valley displaying forest, tea estates, agricultural lands and water bodies.
3. Tea plantation tour and tasting: Different blocks of tea plantations at Redhill Nature Resorts are at different stages of growth, giving a visitor the complete picture of tea cultivation, growth and harvesting. Different varieties of tea are produced from these tea plantations with different styles of harvesting. A walk through the plantation will let you smell the tea, pluck a few and taste them raw. Tea tasting is a continuation of the plantation visit where a visitor gets to taste different type of tea; green, white, black, organic tea and a variety of others. You develop a taste for fine tea and it’s a perfect chance to find your type of tea, if you have ever thought of trying some different tastes to find the best for your daily consumption. It’s a perfect opportunity to get started with a healthy habit with many benefits.
4. Waterfalls: The waterfalls are a bit far from the resort, however if you prefer to walk the distance, it will be rewarding as you walk through a road that goes through the agricultural lands, tea plantations and forest.
5. Toda Village: Todas are the native tribes of the Nilgiris with a culture of their own. The traditional houses are still present and they will be happy to show you around. These hut shaped houses are originally built to protect the tribes from the extreme climatical conditions and wild animals.
6. Bird watching: You will see birds and hear them chirping at all times. There are many varieties of birds in and around the resort. For those who with a passion for bird watching, the stay at Redhills can be rewarding with a lot of surprise visitors in and around your room and the resort.
7. Organic farm visit: The organic farm visit can be organized upon request for those who are interested in taking a look at a fast growing trend in the agriculture market. The organic farm has many varieties of vegetables that grow only in Ooty. One can walk around, taste a few fresh vegetables and learn the way they are cultivated organically.
8. Lake Visit & Fishing: Emerald is the second largest lake in the Nilgiris. For the scenic beauty of the lake from a closer range, many travellers prefer to go to the lake where they can engage in fishing, photography and family time.
9. Shopping in Ooty: Ooty is known for its spectacular tea varieties. A traveler can pick some of the best tea from many shops around the town, tea is also available at the resort. Home made chocolates are another shopper’s favorite in Ooty. These delicious chocolates are available from very old chocolate brands known for home made chocolates in Ooty. Clothing is available across a range of shops. Visitors can pick home made jams and home grown vegetables from Redhill Nature Resort as well.
10. Yoga: Okay okay, we couldn’t leave Yoga out of the top ten list because Redhills is really the best place to practice. Wake up a little early to watch the sunrise. There is also a small temple if you prefer a spiritual set up for your practice. Or if you just want to look into the nature, all around you are flowers, lush green tea plantations and a magnificent view of Emerald lake. Whether you prefer your practice inside the room or outside, you will find nature is the only distraction.